The present post (Part-1) contains the important basic concepts in Thermal Engineering in Mechanical Engineering. Note down each concepts which might help in GATE 2013 Mechanical.-->
- The pressure of the gas in terms of its mean kinetic energy per unit volume E is equal to 2E/3 and Kinetic Energy is always proportional to temperature.
- The super heated vapor acts as perfect gas and obeys all gas laws
- Absolute zero pressure will occur when there is no molecular momentum
- No liquid can exists at absolute zero pressure and absolute pressure can be attained at 0 Kelvin
- Behavior of gas can be fully determined by four gas laws
- For air ratio of specific heats is 1.4