The present post (Part-2) contains the important basic concepts in Production technology in Mechanical Engineering. Note down each concepts which might help in GATE 2015 Mechanical.
- An important factor to be
considered while designing a core print is moulding sand characteristics.
- Weld spatter refers to welding defect.
- If ‘t’ is the thickness of sheet to be spot welded, then electrode tip diameter is equal to √t.
- A sprue is a tool used in mould repairing.
- Gate is a vent hole to allow for the hot gases to escape.
- Core prints provided to from seat to support and hold the core.
- The equipment that is used in pit for supply of air is known as centrifugal blower.
- Draft allowance on castings is generally 1-2 mm/M.
- Tumbling is done so as to clean the surface of small parts.
- The purpose of inoculation is to modify the structure and properties of a cast metal.
- The draft allowance on metallic pattern as compared to wooden ones is less.
- Angle iron is not a angle measuring device.
- The mould for casting ferrous materials in continuous casting process is made of copper.
- If V is the volume of metal in a casting and A its surface areas, then time of solidification will be proportional to V2, 1/A2.