GATE Mechanical engineering syllabus has main four sections
1. Engineering Mathematics
2. Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Science
3. Applied Mechanics and Design
4. Manufacturing and Industrial Design
Find the relevant topics from the e-book of engineering mathematics by John Bird
What you can do with e-book?
1. You can first look for the syllabus of engineering mathematics given below. Search for the topic given in the syllabus and print the page. Simply by doing this method, you can prepare your custom made GATE study material for Engineering Mathematics portion. Find more GATE exam preparation tips here.
2. Look for the old question papers and solve it. You will get confidence by solving old question papers.
Syllabus of Engineering Mathematics for GATE 2015 - Mechanical Engineering
Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.
Calculus: Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.
Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem, Taylor and Laurent series.
Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson,Normal and Binomial distributions.
Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
Find other GATE Mechanical Study Materials