This post is all about important study materials/notes which will be helpful while preparing for the GATE 2015, Mechanical Engineering. These also helpful to other branches which uses Fluid mechanics as one of the subject in GATE syllabus like Civil, Aeronauticals etc. Also read the GATE preparation tips.
This post contains scan copies of all the important basic concepts in fluid mechanics which will be helpful for fast and one day preparation of GATE. Click on the link to get the material downloaded.
This material contains very precise but important notes, equations and definitions related to Fluid Mechanics.
All these files are as per page number of the complete material. These study material is prepared by me while I used to prepare for the GATE in year 2006-2007. These study material includes following topics page wise.
- Basic properties of Fluid
- Variation of Viscosity with respect to temperature
- Classification of Fluid
- Surface tension and different cases
- Capillary effects in fluids
- Pascal's law and classification of pressure
- Pressure Measurement devices
- Hydrostatic forces on fluids
- Hydrostatic paradox
- Time period of oscillation of floating body
- Buoyancy and meta-centric height
- Stability of floating body
- Kinematics of Flow - Introduction
- Fluid flow classification
- Continuity equation in cylindrical coordinates
- Fluid velocity and acceleration
- Introduction to velocity potential function and stream function
- Definition of Steam lines, streak lines and path lines
- Relationship between velocity potential function and stream function
- Bernoulli's principle and Dynamics of fluid flow
- Bernoulli's equation for real fluid
- Force exerted by flow on pipe bend
- Orifice and mouth piece
- Velocity of approach
- Viscous and laminar flow
- Flow through pipes and plates
- Introduction to turbulent flow
- Chezy and Darcy's formula for fluid flow
- Flow through parallel and series pipes
- Power transmission through pipes.
Download the complete Fluid Mechanics Study Material
Also download the study material